Revised March 16, 2017
Now available at www.nacblood.ca
NAC’s Statement regarding the Appropriateness of Use of Cytomegalovirus (CMV) Seronegative versus CMV Safe Product
- February 14, 2017
Utilization and Inventory Management of Group O RH(D)-Negative Red Cells
- February 14, 2017
Inventory Data - Canadian Blood Services
- Aug. 11, 2016
The National Plan for the Management of Shortages of Labile Blood Components
- November 19, 2015
Long-Acting Factor Category Related Products
- Criteria for Use - Alprolix and Eloctate, Jan. 18, 2016
The Knowledge Synthesis group at the Ottawa Hospital Research Institute (OHRI), commissioned by NAC, completed a qualitative signal detection analysis in November, 2016 assessing the currency of the two clinical practice guideline recommendations:
- Guideline on the use of Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) for 22 Neurologic conditions.
- Guideline on the use of Intravenous Immune Globulin (IVIG) for 18 Hematologic conditions.
The Ottawa method identified seven (17%) of 42 conditions that were in need of updating in the 10 years following publication of the original guidelines (2007). The recommendation for the other 35 conditions (83%) remained valid. Planning is underway for the next phase of this work.
NAC has an agreement with Calgary Laboratory Services Transfusion Medicine Department to conduct a research study on the efficacy and cost-effectiveness of fibrinogen concentrate versus cryoprecipitate in major bleeding patients.
The following documents will be posted soon:
- NAC’s Recommendations for the Use of Irradiated Blood Components in Canada
- NAC’s Statement on the Reversal of Direct Acting Oral Anticoagulants
- Companion Document to: "RBC Transfusion: AABB Guideline"
- Group O Rh-Negative
- Massive Transfusion
- National Blood Shortages Plan
- New Direct Anticoagulants
- Prothrombin Complex Concentrates/PCC Videos
- Recipient Recall Notification
- RHD Genotyping for Prenatal Patients
- S/D Plasma
- Criteria for Use - Alprolix and Eloctate
- Adverse Reaction Reporting Mechanisms